Fire burns down records and more at Sanatan Dharm Inter College

Sanatan Dharm Inter College mussoorie fire broke

eNewsDesk Bureau

MUSSOORIE, Sept 17

A morning fire burnt five rooms, seven computers and 90 year old records at Sanatan Dharm Inter College in Mussoorie.

The school located at Landour area is reported to have suffered huge losses due to the fire that allegedly broke out after a short circuit.

It being a holiday for Vishwakarma day on Monday, there was no loss of life.

We want to find out the exact cause of the fire and have requested the police to check the CCTV camera footage. The fire has been a huge loss to the school and the management which took a lot of pains to bring the school to its current standard,” Ravinder Goel, president of the school told eNewsDesk.

A fire attendant said the fire took over three hours for eight people to be control.

“We don’t know the exact cause of the fire yet but think it is a short circuit. Though we will inspect again”, said the attendant.

The 90 year old school currently has 350 students and is boon to children from economically weak backgrounds. With access to computers, a library and more, the fire will also mean a setback to the students.

print